The Blog Idea
My desire is not to be preachy or even become a clanging cymbal to the many articles about how to know God intimately. My aim is to share my own experience as a person, as a believer, as a sheep of the Shepherd. May you enjoy the things I’ll share but much more, learn and hopefully, bring impact to your life as well? (Cross-Fingers!)
Posted on 11/21/2009 04:15:00 AM

Leadership Thoughts

Filed Under () By Vir Antonio at 11/21/2009 04:15:00 AM


I arrived at our church for the worship practice around 4:00pm because I have to pass by our grandma's house to see the kids. As soon as I sat down where the group was, I heard Sani sharing something about leadership and his passion. I later found out that Sani was pouring his heart out as he shares his passion, the current situation he is into and how he sees the youth ministry as a whole.

Sani was crying. I truly believe that ministers cries a lot especially when they are touched by the Lord. Be it a burden or peace that comes from Him, our initial reaction is to pour it out by crying. Sani, with tears in his eyes spoke of a true leader. A leader who is not ashamed to speak for the ministry even to the point of showing his emotions ( be it holy anger or crying).

I admire his being outspoken and zeal to serve the Lord.

What Sani shared reminded me of my own experience as well growing up as a leader. Seeing the need and the burden to do something about it is the first step in becoming an effective leader. I often felt being unworthy and frankly speaking, useless as a leader when I started out and everyone was not paying attention.

But these times were opportune time for the Lord to mold me and entrust me with the few that I may become trustworthy of many. And indeed, the Lord did just that!

For Sani, and for any youth leader experiencing barrenness for the moment, it's a time to trust the Lord and see how He works even amidst the hardest of time. It's not just in the season of plenty that we can measure our effectivity, but in the times of wants and uncertainty that we see how small we are and how big God is.

Our being servants means following the trail of our Master and Lord, and reaping the same experiences as we journey with Him.

And oh, before I foget, we may sometimes think that we are the only ones left working so hard like Elijah after confronting the Priests of Baal but let me just change that thought -He is the LORD of the MINISTRY and HE will sustain it, no matter what. ;)

0 comments