The Blog Idea
My desire is not to be preachy or even become a clanging cymbal to the many articles about how to know God intimately. My aim is to share my own experience as a person, as a believer, as a sheep of the Shepherd. May you enjoy the things I’ll share but much more, learn and hopefully, bring impact to your life as well? (Cross-Fingers!)
Posted on 11/09/2009 07:45:00 AM

Abba Father

Filed Under () By Vir Antonio at 11/09/2009 07:45:00 AM

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--" - John 1:12

This is one of my favorite verses in the bible. It speaks of who I am and how I should relate to HIM.

Many people would settle for a God who is like the big brother, the "no face" guy who gives random advices to people shared through a small kid everyone seems to love but I'd much prefer the ONE stated in this particular verse - Father.

I have nothing against such telenovelas, but sensationalism over Christ as big brother and not a Father and Lord seems to be way underated.

Let's get this straight - Christ came to give us life, his Father, the is Creator and Lord of everything but He is also to be called "Abba" which basically means Father in english.

No offense to the creator of the show, but He has to get his facts straight.

I know Christ came into this world for me, and I am created wonderfully and has been given the right to become His child - not as an act of the will or by virtue by blood, He gave it to me as a right brought about through the cross.

Although I can consider him as brother, I would prefer him to be called as "dad", this brings greater authority than just being a sibling.

0 comments