The Blog Idea
My desire is not to be preachy or even become a clanging cymbal to the many articles about how to know God intimately. My aim is to share my own experience as a person, as a believer, as a sheep of the Shepherd. May you enjoy the things I’ll share but much more, learn and hopefully, bring impact to your life as well? (Cross-Fingers!)
Posted on 11/05/2009 06:03:00 AM

One More Time

Filed Under () By Vir Antonio at 11/05/2009 06:03:00 AM

The Ugly Truth

I wanted to write a book and have been trying to for the last 6 years of my life.

I always thought that I have something to share, something that can be left as legacy as a young lad for his generation. After many trials and errors, I soon found out I have nothing to share. Mine was just a few of so many things other people have already written for ages.

It was so contradicting to what my heart was saying.

I was saved when I was 13 years old and have been trying my best to become an effective witness for Christ since then. I started sharing the gospel at the age of 15 and soon became a leader in our youth group at the age of 18. In my small little mind, I was asking myself “who can achieve all that in less than a decade?”

I was stumped when I found the answer to that pretty challenging question; God was up for something good in every generation and he was making sure that the younger generation is part of something BIG He has set in place. My experiences were less than a perfect example worthy to be recognized as an achievement.

Take it from Joseph, David, Esther, Stephen and the many cloud of witnesses whose names are not mentioned in the bible.  Can I also mention that Kid who shared in the aisle of the grocery store, a 18 year old missionary in the tribes or a young pastor starting a church in a remote area?

Theirs was a life full of excitement and legacy. I soon found out that I was too presumptuous and mine was so little achievements. I am pretty sure I won’t have my name on that particular list.


Pierced EGO

I was ashamed that I boasted with my achievements to something that is futile and perhaps a witness to my immaturity as a Christian and as a servant leader. The bible pierced my ego when it said “Let him who boasts boast about me, that he knows and understands me…”  Indeed, I have nothing to boast but of Him whom I know for the last 13 years of my walk with Him.

But can a 26 year old guy really share something that even theologians have debated for years?

I don’t and will intend to skip as much as possible the theological side of things. I want to share something that has been the missing point of my generation – Knowing God Intimately.

I love the Lord and I cannot deny that He loves me too. Ours is an intimate relationship that opens wounds and joys without fear of reject. I have experienced being forgiven by Him to every single sin in my life and have enjoyed His surpassing kindness on a daily basis.


Desiring Once More

My desire is not to be preachy or even become a clanging cymbal to the many articles about how to know God intimately; my aim is to share my own experience as a person, as a believer, as a sheep of the Shepherd.

Join me then as I reminisce and respond to God’s unfailing love and promises given before time started to tick for me until the time I’ll see my Lord. May you enjoy the things I’ll share but much more, learn and hopefully, bring impact to your life as well? (Cross-Fingers!)

0 comments