The Blog Idea
My desire is not to be preachy or even become a clanging cymbal to the many articles about how to know God intimately. My aim is to share my own experience as a person, as a believer, as a sheep of the Shepherd. May you enjoy the things I’ll share but much more, learn and hopefully, bring impact to your life as well? (Cross-Fingers!)
Posted on 11/05/2009 06:23:00 AM

Being A FootSoldier

Filed Under () By Vir Antonio at 11/05/2009 06:23:00 AM

“God’s FootSoldiers” by Ate Joy Solina is one of those challenging books that makes you think if you have the guts to do something great for the Lord. It pushes you to make the most out of our young lives.

Ever since I started to learn how to stand in front of a crowd, I wanted to bring impact to their lives more than ever. Of course, I was just a kid back then but I was sharing my heart out and challenged my generation to do the same.

My passion is to see my generation rise up and use their full potential to something exciting and useful. I always prayed that God will use my gifting and energy for a godly cause.

God gave me an opportunity to not just share my gifts but be trained in becoming a servant leader. I am honored and blessed to be trained by many people close to me and how each shared a special lesson all through my life.

InterVarsity is one good avenue for me to be trained. It was the perfect timing of getting right again with God after a month of so many bad experiences. It was through Ofelyn, a former classmate in High School that I got involved to this particular youth group.

The first four months in InterVarsity was an energized season wherein my twin brother and I started sharing to the new comers in the group. It was so exciting seeing fellow classmates and drop-outs come to know the saving grace of the Lord.

That was 2002 back then when I accepted the challenge to become a campus missionary, I believed with all my heart that this was an open opportunity to serve the Lord and bring impact to society.

Whatever I learned before with InterVarsity has been shared with every youth and youth groups I get connected with. Everything I learned from InterVarsity is a treasure to ponder and share with.

I was like a soldier in training for the coming war. I was excited to learn new tricks and trades of becoming an effective Christian at the age of 21. And I’m more excited to share that at the age of 26, I’m still in the process of learning many things from God and other people to become an effective minister for His Glory.

0 comments